close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Animal Services

Animal Control

The Maintenance Department, in conjunction with the McBee Police Department, enforces the town's animal control ordinance.

Dogs should be kept inside, on a leash or confined in a fence. Dogs reported as being dangerous, stray or a public nuisance are subject to being picked up by the Maintenance Department personnel. Dogs picked up are immediately taken to the Maintenance Shop and placed in the dog pen. The Clerk will contact the dog owner, if known, that the dog can be picked up at the Maintenance Shop. If the dog owner is unknown, the county animal control will be dispatched to pick the dog up and taken to the county animal shelter. Dog owners will be responsible for paying all charges for care and boarding at the animal shelter.

Repeated offenders will be issued a citation and will be required to come to Municipal Court.
Chesterfield County Animal Control

Please call Animal Control to file a complaint on stray and nuisance animals.  Once a complaint is filed, their office will dispatch personnel to the Town to pick the animal up and take to the shelter.

Chesterfield County Animal Control can be reached at 843-623-3585

More information can be found on their website Chesterfield Animal Control
Dead Animal Removal

Please call the Town Hall to report a dead animal in the roadway within the Town limits. 
Town Hall:  843-335-8474
Wild Animals

Wild animals can sometimes be a nuisance to resident homeowners.  The homeowner is not to discharge a firearm within the Town limits in order to alleviate a wild animal nuisance.  Please use this Wildlife Control listing of companies to contact for your particular need.