We practice community-based policing and value our partnerships with citizens and neighborhood organizations.
The McBee Police Department is focused on crime prevention and officers are always available to meet with residents, and businesses, to conduct security assessments.
Please download and complete the application in its entirety.
Once completed you may email the application to email@example.com or mail to the attention of
Mayor Glenn Odom, PO Box 248, McBee, SC 29101.
Applications may be hand delivered to the Financial Town Clerk at 38 W. Juniper Ave., McBee, SC 29101.
The Town Council will begin reviewing submitted applications March 7, 2023.
Chief of Police
2 – 5 employees – Staffing and Recruiting
Salary negotiable based on experience – a stipend will be considered for applicants
willing to reside in the Town of McBee.
The Town of McBee, South Carolina, located in Chesterfield County at the intersection of
Highway 151 and US No. 1. Covering 2.0 square miles, McBee is home to 759 residents, with
one elementary school, one high school, and recreational facilities.
Functions and programs include patrol, traffic enforcement, investigations, crime prevention,
emergency response, narcotics, vice related activities, and special services.
Under the direction of the Mayor, the Police Chief exercises supervision over all police
department staff directly or through subordinate superiors. The position is responsible for
developing policies, procedures, departmental goals, and yearly work plans for the department.
The incoming Police Chief is expected to invest in the community through active community
policing efforts and maintain a balance between community involvement and proactive policing
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in police
science, law enforcement, criminal justice, public administration, or a closely related field.
Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible, broad, and extensive experience in law enforcement
experience, including three (3) years of which must have been in a police supervisory capacity.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform
the essential duties of the job may be substituted on a year-to-year basis. Completion of the
South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
Law Enforcement Officer Class 1
Category: Police Department
Position hours: Full time position.
Under regular supervision, performs general uniform patrol, investigative, or other police duties as assigned and enforces all state laws and town ordinances. Required to work various shifts including weekends and holidays. Certified applicants must be certified by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and are required to maintain training and certification requirements.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in criminal justice
- Must have completed the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training for a certified police officer or for an uncertified officer must complete the SC Criminal Justice Academy Training by the end of the assigned probationary period.
- Valid S.C. driver’s license in good standing, must pass all required tests and must be able to operate standard issue vehicles.
- Personal computer experience preferred.
- Completed degree (s) beneficial to position may be partially considered as work experience
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to maintain required level of proficiency in the use of firearms.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and polygraph examination.
or mail to:
Mayor Glenn Odom, Town of McBee, PO Box 248, McBee, SC 29101.
For questions, call 843-335-6613. The Town of McBee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
First review of applications: March 7, 2023 (open until filled).