Town of McBee announces Trick or Treating hours on Saturday, October 30, 2021 from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
Halloween trick or treat hours are scheduled from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on October 30th.
Safety Tips for Parents and Trick-or-Treaters:
- Adults must supervise children under 12 years old.
- Walk from house to house; do not run.
- Do not cross yards where unseen objects or uneven terrain can present
- Only trick-or-treat at houses that are lit. Residents who do not wish to be bothered by trick-or-treaters often leave their lights off as a sign; respect their preference by not going to houses that have their lights turned off.
- If driving, ensure children exit on the curbside away from traffic.
McGruff's Safety Tips:
- Give your costume a safety check before you go out.
- Ensure costumes are not a tripping hazard; falls are the leading cause of injuries on Halloween.
- Wear light-colored costumes or reflective tape so you can easily be seen.
- Carry a flashlight or lantern when out after dark.
- Try using face makeup instead of a mask which may restrict vision.
Use the buddy system by trick-or-treating with friends.
- Tell your parents your route and what time you will be home if going without them.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Walk on sidewalks, not in the street.
- Have your parents check your treats.